ADA Compliance & Web Accessibility Testing
For over 18 years, Criterion’s approach to web accessibility testing has been considered the most robust in the industry because we test from a “real world” perspective, by including expert auditors with disabilities. Quite simply, we believe if you want to know whether your website is accessible, you should ask people with disabilities.
Our website accessibility testing methodology emphasizes knowledge transfer between our WCAG compliance experts, and your web development team. We will provide your team with our award-winning online web accessibility compliance training and dedicated website accessibility support, to ensure your ability to maintain ADA website compliance indefinitely.
ADA Compliance Solutions
Since 2001, Criterion has provided clients with expert accessibility compliance services in the following areas:
- Web Accessibility Testing – WCAG Audit and Section 508 Accessibility Testing
- Mobile Accessibility Testing - Native iOS & Android Apps, Responsive Websites, Mobile Web and Hybrid Apps
- Document Accessibility Testing & Repair – PDF, MS Word, MS PowerPoint or InDesign Documents
- WCAG Compliance Training – Website Accessibility, Mobile Accessibility, PDF Accessibility, JAWS Testing, etc.
- Web Accessibility Consulting – ADA Website Compliance, 508 Compliance, Accessibility Compliance Planning, AQM Accessibility Testing, etc.
Web Accessibility Testing
The underlying intent of WCAG compliance is to ensure a website, or web application, functions properly with a variety of web accessibility tools. Criterion’s use of assistive technologies (software, or hardware, used by people with disabilities) during our web accessibility testing process, ensures the most accurate ADA website compliance results for our clients.
Web accessibility compliance testing tools used during Criterion’s testing process, includes:
- Screen readers
- Text to speech software
- Color contrast analyzers
- Alternative keyboard devices, etc.
- Web accessibility validators
Submit Your Questions Here!
Web Accessibility Compliance Testing Milestones
Criterion’s streamlined web accessibility compliance testing process ensures our WCAG audits are completed within 7 to 10 business days. Typical WCAG testing milestones, include:
- Develop End-User Test Cases
- Issue Online Web Accessibility Compliance Training Courses to Client’s Web Development Team
- Conduct 1st Pass Web Accessibility Audit by End-Users with Disabilities
- Conduct 1st Pass Web Accessibility Validation Scan
NOTE: Web Accessibility validation tools can accurately identify less than 17% of WCAG compliance failures. Visit Criterion’s Blog for more information about the Limitations of HTML Validation Scans.
- Upload 1st Pass Audit Results to Secure JIRA Portal
- Assign a Dedicated Web Accessibility Consultant to Support Client’s Web Development Team
- Final Web Accessibility Audit by End-Users with Disabilities
- Final Web Accessibility Validation Scan
Creation of ADA Website Compliance Documentation
- Criterion WCAG Compliance Certification
- WCAG Compliance Statement
- Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)
- WCAG Compliance Contract Clauses for 3rd Party Vendor Management
"Our company was extremely impressed by Criterion’s knowledge, professionalism and exceptional customer service. Additionally, Criterion provided our web development team with comprehensive web accessibility training and support, to help us reach our goals." - Online Retailer
Online Accessibility Training
To build your web development team’s knowledge and understanding of accessibility testing techniques, Criterion provides clients access to our award winning online accessibility training courses.
Written by Criterion’s WCAG compliance subject-matter experts and instructional designers, our online accessibility training courses are tailored to provide the knowledge needed to create and maintain WCAG compliant websites, mobile apps and PDF documents.
2018 Online Accessibility Training Courses:
- “Introduction to Web Accessibility”
This course presents an overview of website accessibility concepts, including the impact WCAG and 508 compliance requirements have on end-users with disabilities, and guidance on achieving ADA website compliance.
- “WCAG Testing & Repair Techniques”
This course provides highly technical information, and examples your website development team require, to make websites and applications WCAG and 508 compliant.
- “JAWS 17 Accessibility Testing Techniques”
This course instructs website and application developers on best practices for using the JAWS screen reader during website accessibility testing.
- “Designing for Web Accessibility”
This course explores aspects of designing accessible website page components to be WCAG and 508 compliant.
- “Mobile Accessibility Testing & Repair Techniques”
This course is designed to help mobile application developers understand the use of iOS and Android Native Accessibility APIs when developing WCAG and 508 compliant apps.
- “PDF Accessibility for Adobe Acrobat DC”
This course teaches participants how to test and repair the most common WCAG and 508 compliance issues found in PDF documents.
- “Microsoft Word 2013 Accessibility Techniques”
This course provides step by step instructions to create WCAG and 508 compliant Microsoft Word 2013 documents.
- “Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 Accessibility Techniques”
This course provides step by step instructions to create WCAG and 508 compliant Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 presentations.